Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eberle Ok. Foster So-So. Giroux assigned to AHL.



Oilers fans can breathe a sigh of relief after receiving news that rookie, Jordan Eberle should be good to go for tomorrow versus the Blues.  The former Regina Pat's forward took a nasty blast from the stick of Jeff Petry 24 hours ago and was found skating with the club this morning.

"It was obviously pretty sore; pretty swollen and bruised. Luckily it's not broken. I think the fact that we took care of it right after the game and got ice on it and pressure, and trying to get all the swelling out contributed to why I got to skate this morning."



"Yeah, it will be good for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be even better tomorrow."

Defenseman Kurtis Foster collied with David Legwand and the fell hard into the boards last night with 30 seconds to go in the game.  Foster was down for a considerable amount of time before being helped off the ice.



"I'm feeling a lot better today. Last night I definitely didn't feel too well. I had a little bit of a sick stomach and had a little bit of a headache. I woke up today and felt pretty good so I didn't try to do anything too hard and hopefully if I feel good today, I can get some exercise tomorrow."

"I've had a couple bangs to the head but nothing too significant. Last night there for a couple seconds I didn't really know where I was. That was a little scary," Foster said.



Alex Giroux was sent back to the minors after playing 8 games with the big club.  The forward leaves the club having scored 1 goal and an assist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment